To post a thread about yourself, you have to have accumulated 74 CONTRIBUTIVE posts (i.e. not "lol" and "no") in the other sections. Otherwise, your thread will be deleted without warning.

Grim Citizens

My punk band. We were called LeftInDust but since we've been actually gigging and writing we changed it.

we have our first EP coming out in October and I threw up a teaser clip on youtube.

The whole thing was recorded and produced by ourselves in a dingy venue with whatever equipment we could find. no studio, no funding, no nothing. so it's not crystal quality but we're proud nonetheless.

it's going to be on itunes and Spotify and such when it's released so yeah... let me know what you guys think?

My Music
I am doing a sponsored head shave for Make-A-Wish Foundation.
Please donate via my company page!

Re: Grim Citizens

It's like Guns N Roses, Heart, NOFX and Misfits had a baby. Sounds great and way above the standard I was expecting after you said "a dingy venue". Cool stuff Kay.

Spoiler: show
Elevator wrote:But hey, pardon me for trying to be objective here. Maybe I should just say "Fuck Tom, he's dead to me, burn his ashes and piss on his grave for ever existing."

Elevator wrote:Haha yeah, fuck Tom! What a pompous shithead.

Elevator wrote:fuck Tom.

Elevator wrote:Yeah, I hope Tom dies and stuff for breaking up that band I like.

This sounds legit. I feel like these could fill out an oldschool THPS soundtrack. Track 3 really reminds me of blink from the clip. The guitar playing sounds badass in 4. 5 reminds me of Don't Fear the Reaper. Liking what I hear and the production quality is great. Congrats on the impending release.

Tim. wrote:This sounds legit. I feel like these could fill out an oldschool THPS soundtrack. Track 3 really reminds me of blink from the clip. The guitar playing sounds badass in 4. 5 reminds me of Don't Fear the Reaper. Liking what I hear and the production quality is great. Congrats on the impending release.

I got confused then because the teaser tracks arent in order and I read that in the order they are haha, nah man I'm glad you like. my blink influences are definitely there (cuz I'm on bass) but the rest of the band aren't fans in the slightest so I think it's a good balance. I've heard the old school THPS soundtrack comment from someone else so that makes me really chuffed, and you giving good comments on the production makes me really like 'oh it must be better than I think then' because you rock at that.

means a lot to me, thanks Tim :)

3 and 4 are the same track as well, by the way. the little rhythm fast bit in the background on 4 is the only guitar I play on the EP. the solo is all our guitarist though. as for 5 thats a hell of a compliment haha

My Music

Our EP came out a while ago. already sold quite a few physical copies, much to our surprise and it's on like iTunes, Apple Music, Amazon for varying prices. We're selling it on bandcamp for £2.50

but to hear it FOR FREE -

https://soundcloud.com/grimcitizens/set ... -ep-stream

If you're only going to give one track a chance I'd recommend either One More Step or Charlatan. It's also all on Spotify if anyone has that.

but yeah, I'm very proud and I'm glad it's out there now!

My Music

KayTheMagnificent wrote:Our EP came out a while ago. already sold quite a few physical copies, much to our surprise and it's on like iTunes, Apple Music, Amazon for varying prices. We're selling it on bandcamp for £2.50

but to hear it FOR FREE -

https://soundcloud.com/grimcitizens/set ... -ep-stream

If you're only going to give one track a chance I'd recommend either One More Step or Charlatan. It's also all on Spotify if anyone has that.

but yeah, I'm very proud and I'm glad it's out there now!

Now you're speaking my language! Can't wait to check this out tomorrow!

"Do you hear the people sing singing the song of angry men? It is the music of a people who will not be slaves again."
9/28/09 Birmingham, Alabama
Thanks to Kay for the sig :)