Re: Jimmy eat world

Elevator wrote:Eh. I have always liked at least 2-3 songs from every JEW release. Futures and Bleed American are their Magnum Opuses but they've been remarkably consistent for many years. It's not gonna blow minds but they're well beyond their prime and are working musicians so I respect and support that.

Compared to a band I like on a similar level Relient K, they have completely forgotten how to write songs, even with the power of Jesus Christ fueling them. I don't know what happened between their B-sides album and collapsible lung, but everything since then has been nigh unlistenable garbage.

JEW, however, has been forgettable at worst, but never unlistenable.

Collapsible Lung was a pile of horse shit. I like the new one though!

"Do you hear the people sing singing the song of angry men? It is the music of a people who will not be slaves again."
9/28/09 Birmingham, Alabama
Thanks to Kay for the sig :)

Elevator wrote:I actually like it. I don't love it or think it's a masterpiece or anthem, but it's fine. It's solid.

I guess you all have some really fucked standards for Jimmy Eat World.

Well, Futures is one of my favourite albums of all time, Clarity is one of my favourite albums production wise, and Bleed American means the world to me... so yes, I guess I do.

My Music
I am doing a sponsored head shave for Make-A-Wish Foundation.
Please donate via my company page!

Kay wrote:
Elevator wrote:I actually like it. I don't love it or think it's a masterpiece or anthem, but it's fine. It's solid.

Well, Futures is one of my favourite albums of all time, Clarity is one of my favourite albums production wise, and Bleed American means the world to me... so yes, I guess I do.

Sure, but I never really felt like they've ever jumped the shark. If I recall you (or somebody else here) has been pretty bummed with JEW for a few albums now. I've never felt like that about them. They've been relatively consistent in my eyes, and I love BA/Futures too.

twitter

Elevator wrote:
Kay wrote:

Sure, but I never really felt like they've ever jumped the shark. If I recall you (or somebody else here) has been pretty bummed with JEW for a few albums now. I've never felt like that about them. They've been relatively consistent in my eyes, and I love BA/Futures too.

Chase This Light was okay, some good tracks but some clunkers. Invented was a total bag of wank as far as I'm concerned (except for Anais, for some reason I adore that song... nothing remotely different about it, I just like it. quirky lyrics) and Damage was... just boring. nothing wrong with it just very, very dull. only song I particularly liked was Steal You Back but it wasn't particularly captivating.

I'm not saying they're worlds apart from what they were, they're definitely consistent but I don't think that's a good thing. the sound is the same but the songs themselves aren't as good as their older ones. their consistently bland, is the problem.

My Music
I am doing a sponsored head shave for Make-A-Wish Foundation.
Please donate via my company page!

Last album damages was a huge disappointment.. So much so, I have little faith in the new record. New song (only heard one of two) left a lot to be desired. I own every JEW album, except the last one. It really felt like a waste of time. (im being harsh I know) I might be skipping this one to.

I really like Invented. So going from Invented to Damages was a very meh experience...

Props Go To Elevator: King Of Sigs

Kay wrote:New jimmy record dropped yesterday. so far I've found it underwhelming, but Pass The Baby is interesting.

Yeah I think I agree - Pass the Baby was rocking
but the rest leave me cold
Pol Roger had cool verses but average everything else
I guess I liked Get Right more in the context of the album