Re: Green Day working on songs for a new album

so weird to think that American Idiot probably would never have happened if it werent for having the album stolen.
Cool to hear they have tons of new stuff written. Thought they'd take another long break after 21st century breakdown, but glad they arent.

The most special kind of love of all is the love that exists between two naked women while I watch. - Mark Hoppus

wink182 wrote:so weird to think that American Idiot probably would never have happened if it werent for having the album stolen.
Cool to hear they have tons of new stuff written. Thought they'd take another long break after 21st century breakdown, but glad they arent.

They said it was stolen....maybe it was just shitty and they didn't wanna release it and they moved onto American Idiot. Some people think they released it under some other band can't remember the name atm

Pretty excited for their new stuff though!

Tyler wrote:
wink182 wrote:so weird to think that American Idiot probably would never have happened if it werent for having the album stolen.

They said it was stolen....maybe it was just shitty and they didn't wanna release it and they moved onto American Idiot. Some people think they released it under some other band can't remember the name atm

Foxboro Hot Tubs?

Sig by KayTheMagnificent

"Travis and I could tour as blink-182 if we wished. We could hire a new guitarist and hit the road. It would be our right, since Tom quit. Of course we have no plans to do that. Blink-182 was the three of us. The whole thing would be very disingenuous." - Mark Hoppus

geordyplaysguitar wrote:
Tyler wrote:

Foxboro Hot Tubs?

Maybe The Network, since that album came out a bit before American Idiot. I actually like the album, I mean maybe Green Day wasn't satisfied with it and wanted to try something different...so they released it as The Network, and they always act like they didn't know who the Network was and wished they would leave them alone or some shit..

And it kinda just seems like old green day with synth added in last minute

Supposedly, they are taking things back to the basic formula, along the lines of dookie... I'm excited for that! I don't think they released cigarettes and valentines under a different name... foxboro and network are vastly different styles from green day. All though I really dug both of them, I also think Roshambo would be a great Green Day style song.

Thank You Kay, You Sexy and Magnificent British Sex Beast!

Anything they do will satisfy me, very excited for new material. I haven't listened to some Green Day in ages.
Also if they're collaborating with Jason White then shouldn't he just be in the band for god'd sake.

Waggy wrote:I loved American Idiot but hated 21CB. I really, really just hope for something like Nimrod. That album just has flow, and its almost soothing in a way. Its weird. But I used to always listen to that album when I went to bed when I was young, so thats probably why.

Like the song Scattered. So gooood. and oddly relaxing.

Scattered is beautiful and I always forget how good the song Prosthetic Head is.

yodda wrote:
Scattered is beautiful and I always forget how good the song Prosthetic Head is.

Scattered is a great fucking song... that song reminds me of this girl I was head over heels for in like 7th grade... maybe 8th grade, can't remember. Although, my favorite song on that album is and forever will be Haushinka!

Thank You Kay, You Sexy and Magnificent British Sex Beast!