Re: The Rap Thread (Hosted by DJ Gompy)

these are basically the only two rappers that i actually enjoy. but god damn, are they awesome. sea lion is brilliant lyrically. sage francis is a poetical genius. atmosphere is also another rapper i respect. i love the guitar riffs. what do you guys think?

sage francis - sea lion

atmosphere - always coming back home to you

edit!!!

how could i forget the black dots of death? although they aren't technically rap, they are definitely influenced a little by rap. one of the members is actually clown from slipknot. the lyrics may be a little... let's say morbid? but i just love the feel of it.

the black dots of death - let's get fucked up

I was hanging on by a little thread.
Just minutes before I was on a mountain.
I screamed "I can see all."
The ground broke from the sound.
It was all built on nothing.
Caution: the solid ground that you are on will slide from under you.
-Hot Water Music

Broccoli_Apocalypse wrote:these are basically the only two rappers that i actually enjoy. but god damn, are they awesome. sea lion is brilliant lyrically. sage francis is a poetical genius. atmosphere is also another rapper i respect. i love the guitar riffs. what do you guys think?

sage francis - sea lion

atmosphere - always coming back home to you

Helllll yeah! Sage Francis & Sluggo, I love some rhymesayers!

You know who you would like? Sadistik! Check him out, one of the realest rappers I know. Listen to the lyrics!!. Some of the realest lyrics I ever heard are in Searching for some beautiful! I think you'd like him! (And people think rap is all about abusing woman and drugs.. People haven't heard underground hip hop :] Sadistik is proof there are dudes who care about relationships and love.)

Spoiler: show

wow, i am definitely feeling Searching for Something Beautiful. I love it when rappers actually sound like they are getting into the beat and experimenting with the time signature. you can definitely feel his passion which is one of the reasons why i love sage francis. thanks a lot for sharing. i have been trying to look for other rappers that i could actually enjoy who actually have something to say.

and i gotta' say, i love me some 2pac. changes is one of my all time faves. you can just feel his frustration towards hate and ignorance. it's so intense. i am also taking a harlem renaissance class for my masters, which makes me appreciate it more. such a great song.

I was hanging on by a little thread.
Just minutes before I was on a mountain.
I screamed "I can see all."
The ground broke from the sound.
It was all built on nothing.
Caution: the solid ground that you are on will slide from under you.
-Hot Water Music

Broccoli_Apocalypse wrote:wow, i am definitely feeling Searching for Something Beautiful. I love it when rappers actually sound like they are getting into the beat and experimenting with the time signature. you can definitely feel his passion which is one of the reasons why i love sage francis. thanks a lot for sharing. i have been trying to look for other rappers that i could actually enjoy who actually have something to say.

and i gotta' say, i love me some 2pac. changes is one of my all time faves. you can just feel his frustration towards hate and ignorance. it's so intense. i am also taking a harlem renaissance class for my masters, which makes me appreciate it more. such a great song.

I love Tupac and that song actually. That song and killuminati are my favorites. Tupac will always be a classic :]

Seminole91 wrote:Man, My threads always get bumped down.

I've been bumping this lately. Kid Cudi is now sober from everything, and Big KRIT is so underestimated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsD8bPl7MLg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYnLTg3N3-I

Are you serious? I love Cudi but I haven't been keeping up with him lately. He's off the bud? I could never imagine him not smoking, he's like the biggest pot head I've ever seen. That song is really good though. And Big Krit is nice too, I love his song hometown hero with yelawolf.

Damn, I'm shocked Kid Cudi quit smoking. That's alright though, cuz now I can relate more with him since I don't smoke either :] He was the biggggest pothead though I'm so shocked. I got into Cudi because of my favorite underground rapper, Cage. Cage is a huge pothead too and he's been tweeting about nothing but hanging out with Cudi and smoking hahaha. Cage is gonna blow soon cuz of Cudi though, it's only a matter of time. He was already on the Maniac track and that video is coming out this halloween I believe.

And yeah, I've very excited for Yelawolf. If not 2011, 2012 will be his year for sure. I really don't know how people can hate on Yelawolf. It's hilarious on youtube when people say "eminem will shit on this guy" when eminem signed him hahaha.

gompy182 wrote:if only you guys could understand this song

this song basicly tells you how awesome this guy is.
best dutch rapper

beats by dj premier/primo , you might know him

I wish I understood what he was saying. He sounds really nice, he has a good voice and even though I don't understand or know the language it feels like he's flowing nice. I wish I could understand. This guy is the equivalent to a lot of underground hip hop here in America. The mainstream doesn't sound like that here. I personally like underground better.

Seminole91 wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXVGidfA8qM

Dope<3 Reminds me of premeditated murder.

burrr.

They really don't make enough money to support themselves? That's surprising lol hip hop artists here live like kings. Even underground artists have nice ass houses and drive 60k$ cars. Music Industry is everything in America.

And yeah, Wiz is very mainstream now. I try very hard to like Wiz but I just can't get into him, idk why.

I've been listening to this gurlie for almost 2 weeks now, I want to fucking marry this girl and have her birth my children.