Re: Sum 41

plopbellie wrote:So this album is out friday, but it leaked yesterday on the normal leak site. what do you guys think. i love it. the singles were great, and this album still carries the heavy guitars, with pop melodies, basically it's a sum 41 album :P

I have only listened to the singles. But I have liked them. Which is surprising to me. I tried but couldn't really get into the last album.

"Do you hear the people sing singing the song of angry men? It is the music of a people who will not be slaves again."
9/28/09 Birmingham, Alabama
Thanks to Kay for the sig :)

Oh same here, screaming bloody murder, except for the singles, did not interest me at all. Im more a fan of chuck and underclass hero, and this album blends those pretty well with the dark theme that was in screaming bloody murder.

plopbellie wrote:Oh same here, screaming bloody murder, except for the singles, did not interest me at all. Im more a fan of chuck and underclass hero, and this album blends those pretty well with the dark theme that was in screaming bloody murder.

I love that album. Everything I have heard so far definitely seems like Brownsound coming back has reinvigorated the band.

"Do you hear the people sing singing the song of angry men? It is the music of a people who will not be slaves again."

I'll come back to post my full thoughts when I am done. But so far I am LOVING this album. "A Murder of Crows" is an amazing opening track that totally screams "WE ARE BACK BITCHESSSS!!!!"

Only got to listen to the first half of the record on my way to work. Stopped after War. I gotta say, it's definitely good so far, but I think there's a bit too much production, like if they're trying to sound like Tonight Alive's last record or something. Also, Deryck's voice is at an uncomfortably high pitch in some songs. All that aside, I still really liked what I've heard so far. The title track is my favorite song so far.

I am thoroughly digging this album. I can see this getting many spins in the coming months. I did not think it was possible, but it feels like they are finally living up to the potential shown by DTLI and Chuck. This albums oozes organic excitement. I love that they have full on embraced the fact that it is an album by a punk rock band that happens to be way too into Metallica. In the good kind of way.

I like this so much that I actually went out and bought a physical copy of it. It's rare that I actually do that.