There's definitely a new Green Day album coming this year

So I don't know if you guys have noticed but the band has been recording. They have posted some pics here and there on their instagram accounts (a suspicious hashtag #revrad has been going on) and they have been awfully quiet.
In the green day forum one or two legit members have been told by people who work on the studio or touring companies that there is definitely something going on and it's coming sooner that we think (they said May-June I'm not sure about that though).
And most importantly Jason Freese (the guy who plays piano live) was asked what he does now that green day doesn't have anything planed on a radio show and he said that actually green day are recording and they will rehearse in the summer and they have a huge tour planed starting in September. Now Green Day never tours without new material and these signs can't be wrong.
One last thing. Don't ask me about the recording of Jason saying that. Green Day management disappeared it. They also asked Green Day Authority(the biggest news site for the band) to take the story down cause it wasn't "fully true" or something.

So I thought fans here that didn't know all these may be interested and didn't see anyone else posting the news (not really news anymore they have happened weeks ago) so i summed it up!
Where is my asian friend?

Re: There's definitely a new Green Day album coming this year

I love Green Day. Always have, but the last few albums since Idiot have been repetitive. People talked about how Insomiac and Nimrod were crappy shades of Dookie, but those are lies. Insomniac is an underrated piece of work and Nimrod is arguably my favorite GD album. Warning stands alone as a change of pace but it wasn't like some wretched piece of crap - it was excellent!

I hope their decline in popularity humbles Billie back into focusing on himself and less on trying to speak for some disenchanted youth. He was perfect for the 90s and AI hit the right marks with the Bush/9-11/etc era, but I want him to find the stories of himself that he wants to tell. We don't need to hear anymore empty screaming about the decline of America.

twitter

Elevator wrote:I love Green Day. Always have, but the last few albums since Idiot have been repetitive. People talked about how Insomiac and Nimrod were crappy shades of Dookie, but those are lies. Insomniac is an underrated piece of work and Nimrod is arguably my favorite GD album. Warning stands alone as a change of pace but it wasn't like some wretched piece of crap - it was excellent!

I hope their decline in popularity humbles Billie back into focusing on himself and less on trying to speak for some disenchanted youth. He was perfect for the 90s and AI hit the right marks with the Bush/9-11/etc era, but I want him to find the stories of himself that he wants to tell. We don't need to hear anymore empty screaming about the decline of America.

I totally agree with everything you said

Elevator wrote:I love Green Day. Always have, but the last few albums since Idiot have been repetitive. People talked about how Insomiac and Nimrod were crappy shades of Dookie, but those are lies. Insomniac is an underrated piece of work and Nimrod is arguably my favorite GD album. Warning stands alone as a change of pace but it wasn't like some wretched piece of crap - it was excellent!

Insomniac is my fucking jam.

"Do you hear the people sing singing the song of angry men? It is the music of a people who will not be slaves again."
9/28/09 Birmingham, Alabama
Thanks to Kay for the sig :)

petros93 wrote:Insomniac is my favorite album I love that record.

Oh and Elevator I remember you in gdc don't think you remember me but haven't seen you there for years did you just got sick of that place? Not that im really posting there anymore just wondering.

Fuck yeah, petros, I totally remember you. I haven't been through the GDC in a million years, not for any reason really. I felt like primarily their forums were bloated with categories and overcrowded with membership. It's probably honestly better there now that the casual fringe GD fans have finally fucked off.

twitter

Elevator wrote:
petros93 wrote:Insomniac is my favorite album I love that record.

Oh and Elevator I remember you in gdc don't think you remember me but haven't seen you there for years did you just got sick of that place? Not that im really posting there anymore just wondering.

Fuck yeah, petros, I totally remember you. I haven't been through the GDC in a million years, not for any reason really. I felt like primarily their forums were bloated with categories and overcrowded with membership. It's probably honestly better there now that the casual fringe GD fans have finally fucked off.

Oh nice! :)
Yeah it surely is better the last couple of years that the band is quiet. It's gonna change though if this album really happens. Don't know if green day are still big enough to make the forum as active as it was back in say 2010 but still.

And that makes me think do you guys think that in todays music green day (or even blink even though its even harder for them) can become big or at least relevant enough again? You don't really hear guitar-bass-drums songs played on mtv anymore.

Couldn't be less excited. Everything they've done following American Idiot has been trash to me. Maybe they set the bar too high because 21st Century Breakdown had potential but the trio albums after that were sooooo bad.

Spoiler: show
Elevator wrote:But hey, pardon me for trying to be objective here. Maybe I should just say "Fuck Tom, he's dead to me, burn his ashes and piss on his grave for ever existing."

Elevator wrote:Haha yeah, fuck Tom! What a pompous shithead.

Elevator wrote:fuck Tom.

Elevator wrote:Yeah, I hope Tom dies and stuff for breaking up that band I like.

Kyle wrote:Couldn't be less excited. Everything they've done following American Idiot has been trash to me. Maybe they set the bar too high because 21st Century Breakdown had potential but the trio albums after that were sooooo bad.

I couldn't bring myself to get into Dos or Tre. But I thought Uno had a lot of good stuff on it imo.

"Do you hear the people sing singing the song of angry men? It is the music of a people who will not be slaves again."

Well. Spent the past few days delving back into Green Day. I don't care how "hipster" it makes me. Kerplunk is hands down their best album. I will cut a bitch and fight about it.

Bonus: This insanely amazing video of Davey Havok from AFI joining them for the greatest Green Day song: Who Wrote Holden Caufield?

StrongTower182 wrote:
Kyle wrote:Couldn't be less excited. Everything they've done following American Idiot has been trash to me. Maybe they set the bar too high because 21st Century Breakdown had potential but the trio albums after that were sooooo bad.

I couldn't bring myself to get into Dos or Tre. But I thought Uno had a lot of good stuff on it imo.

I probably set the expectation far too high after American Idiot. It was kinda of naive of me to assume they could create something of that caliber again so being generally disappointed by them made the trio albums exceptionally hard to get through.

Elevator wrote:But hey, pardon me for trying to be objective here. Maybe I should just say "Fuck Tom, he's dead to me, burn his ashes and piss on his grave for ever existing."

Elevator wrote:Yeah, I hope Tom dies and stuff for breaking up that band I like.

Kyle wrote:
StrongTower182 wrote:

I probably set the expectation far too high after American Idiot. It was kinda of naive of me to assume they could create something of that caliber again so being generally disappointed by them made the trio albums exceptionally hard to get through.

No man it's not your fault the trio albums sucked. Like 90% of people who heard them believe they sucked or weren't good enough.

petros93 wrote:
Kyle wrote:
StrongTower182 wrote:

No man it's not your fault the trio albums sucked. Like 90% of people who heard them believe they sucked or weren't good enough.

*Sighs*... I just wish it wasn't the case. American Idiot was soo good but it ruined the band for me afterwards.

yodda wrote:Like Kyle, I know 21st Century Breakdown isn't as good as American Idiot - but half the tracks are still fucking killer and that's like 9 songs!
I think that album gets way too much flack just because it's not as good as its predecessor.

21CB simply felt rushed and way too much in the same vein as Idiot. To me 21CB felt like their record label pushing them really hard to make a sequel album that had a narrative and could be similarly exploited like Idiot was. Plus, to be honest, GD was likely trying to strike while the creative iron was hot and the band was at their peak profitability.

All the U/D/T/Q albums were was a reason for them to play tunes similar to Foxboro Hot Tubs and for Billie to fuck Lady Cobra.

twitter

Well I can't say I know too much about the recording sessions for 21st Century Breakdown but considering there was a 5 year gap between it and American Idiot plus the fact that it's kinda over produced doesn't make it sound rushed to my ears. Like there are a few tired ideas on it like Static Age taking the chorus from Church on Sunday and See The Light being a pretty weak attempt at making the closer tie in with the opener there are some absolute moments of genius
East Jesus Nowhere, Know Your Enemy and Horseshoes and Handgrenades are just great fucking rock songs. Restless Heart Syndrome is really something weird and different in their catalogue. And Last of the American Girls is straight up one of the coolest sounding jams they've ever written IN FACT I'm gonna listen to it now
Screw you guys! Immgoinhoome

petros93 wrote:Yeah 21cb is pretty decent. It has killer songs and that's not the case in the trilogy. I still think they got this and have hope for a great release lets see.

Edit: I always thought Horseshoes and Handgrenades would be ten times better without the stupid vocal effect.

You mean the way it's kinda distorted? Eh I kinda like it, especially Billie's scream - really guttsy scream and I love the way it skips and fades out

All's I know is I want their new album to be made up entirely of tracks like Misery and Peacemaker.