Crosses (†††)

Not sure if anyone if a fan or have heard of them, but it's Deftones' singer Chino Moreno's side project band thats releasing their first album on February 11th. They've already had two EPs out but those will be added to the album with another batch of songs. I'm just so pumped for this album, hoping someone else is into them. Or if you haven't heard them let me know what you think. They're pretty weird and different.

Stream it here: http://pitchfork.com/advance/342-stream/

Previews for the album:

Singles for the album:

Last edited by Kyle on Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

Spoiler: show
Elevator wrote:But hey, pardon me for trying to be objective here. Maybe I should just say "Fuck Tom, he's dead to me, burn his ashes and piss on his grave for ever existing."

Elevator wrote:Haha yeah, fuck Tom! What a pompous shithead.

Elevator wrote:fuck Tom.

Elevator wrote:Yeah, I hope Tom dies and stuff for breaking up that band I like.

Re: Crosses (†††)

Jeremy wrote:Worst band name ever.

That's all? >_> :lol:

Ryan. wrote:album leaked today.
need to pick it up.

Ahh, I'm getting it now, already pre-ordered it on vinyl too.

Edit: Goddamn it's so good. :sad: :grin:

Elevator wrote:But hey, pardon me for trying to be objective here. Maybe I should just say "Fuck Tom, he's dead to me, burn his ashes and piss on his grave for ever existing."

Elevator wrote:Yeah, I hope Tom dies and stuff for breaking up that band I like.

Chimpy wrote:Wasn't aware that Chino had a side project going on. I really dig the previews you posted, bi†ches brew has got a 90s Depeche Mode sound to it. I'll have to check out the album, thanks Kyle.

No problem, not sure if you knew that he's had other side projects. Check them out too if you haven't: Palms and Team Sleep. I like crosses the best of all of them. But enjoy. :grin:

If you couldn't download the stream is available now: http://pitchfork.com/advance/342-stream/

Kyle wrote:
Chimpy wrote:Wasn't aware that Chino had a side project going on. I really dig the previews you posted, bi†ches brew has got a 90s Depeche Mode sound to it. I'll have to check out the album, thanks Kyle.

No problem, not sure if you knew that he's had other side projects. Check them out too if you haven't: Palms and Team Sleep. I like crosses the best of all of them. But enjoy. :grin:

I had no idea he had any side projects before let alone three! I checked them out and I like them, especially Team Sleep, but like you I enjoy Crosses the most.

Sig Made By KayTheMagnificent

Chimpy wrote:
Kyle wrote:

I had no idea he had any side projects before let alone three! I checked them out and I like them, especially Team Sleep, but like you I enjoy Crosses the most.

Glad I can spread the wealth of Chino's voice. Easily one of my favorite artists.

Ryan. wrote:the album is too long.
The Ep has some great songs but in a concise format, The LP is just too many 'filler' type songs.
Might feel a bit better when I listen to it in a more relaxing mood.

I don't know if you followed the EP releases before this album, so it's pretty much just a set of 3 EP's put together. I like all the songs but I can see that. I love it because it's so different from his other work in Deftones. But yea, definitely more of a background sound.

yodda wrote:^The songs do tend to blend together after a full listen.
This Is a Trick and Cross are my favourites.

I like the slightly heavier few on the album too. I really love Blk Stallion, Nineteen Ninety Four and Death Bell the best. Probably because they're the newest songs of the batch.