YEEZUS

Honestly, I wasn't expecting much of this album, but it is probably one of the greatest albums by a rapper I've ever heard. Easily makes my top ten... Anyone else hear it?

Spoiler: show
Elevator wrote:But hey, pardon me for trying to be objective here. Maybe I should just say "Fuck Tom, he's dead to me, burn his ashes and piss on his grave for ever existing."

Elevator wrote:Haha yeah, fuck Tom! What a pompous shithead.

Elevator wrote:fuck Tom.

Elevator wrote:Yeah, I hope Tom dies and stuff for breaking up that band I like.

Re: YEEZUS

Pretty good album. I love the post-industrial production and West's angry lyrics, but I wish some ideas were fleshed out more. Like some guests appearance or song structures.
Grant us eyes, grant us eyes. Plant eyes on our brains, to cleanse our beastly idiocy

im sorry, but this shit is absolute garbage. kanye USED to be a good rapper but his shitty attitude alone makes me go into listening to his music with a sour taste in my mouth. definitely nowhere near talented enough to call himself a god. (like really?)

ContagiousVictim wrote:it surprisingly has grown on me. Nothing amazing, but a few tracks I really dig

Do you enjoy his past work or?
Grant us eyes, grant us eyes. Plant eyes on our brains, to cleanse our beastly idiocy

doitforthekids wrote:I'm one of those people who thinks this album is some kind of masterpiece.

Yup and it isn't only because of the music itself, but everything surrounding its release.

I think he did it on purpose to show he can sell albums no matter what. So he stripped it to the core in terms of album art and the fact that it's just a simple beat with him rapping. No layered vocals, no fancy artwork. Pure Kanye.

That being said, I only really like 3 tracks and I hate him too much as person. He's a racist narcissist that talks about himself in the third person. Grow up, you have a child now.

Ryan. wrote:I like it.
I like the production and the rawness of it.
its not the masterpiece that some people are saying it is but it is decent

Exactly my feelings too. Some songs are better than others, but it's pretty good.

doitforthekids wrote:I'm one of those people who thinks this album is some kind of masterpiece.

I agree. I enjoyed most of his previous work so that makes me pretty biased. I see Yeezus as a more aggressive version of his 808s album because it follows similar diversity and experimenting in music. I wan't too big on his MBDTF album though. Personally, I think it's his best yet.

His ego shines through more than ever on this album, but I think he's hilarious, so it's perfect in my opinion.

Spoiler: show
Elevator wrote:But hey, pardon me for trying to be objective here. Maybe I should just say "Fuck Tom, he's dead to me, burn his ashes and piss on his grave for ever existing."

Elevator wrote:Haha yeah, fuck Tom! What a pompous shithead.

Elevator wrote:fuck Tom.

Elevator wrote:Yeah, I hope Tom dies and stuff for breaking up that band I like.

Kyle wrote:

I agree. I enjoyed most of his previous work so that makes me pretty biased. I see Yeezus as a more aggressive version of his 808s album because it follows similar diversity and experimenting in music. I wan't too big on his MBDTF album though. Personally, I think it's his best yet.

His ego shines through more than ever on this album, but I think he's hilarious, so it's perfect in my opinion.

Glad to not be the only one who thinks this way.

Love the minimalism.
Admire the angst.

This is 808s on acid. Trippy as hell rap record, genre-blending production. Love it or hate it, rumor says Yeezus part 2 is up for next summer. I'm ready for more madness. Amaze me.