New My Chemical Romance Tracklist and Release Dates

This was posted Friday announcing that all those songs the band wrote after The Black Parade, that got scratched, will be released two at a time each month for 5 months. The Ep/Album/collection of singles what ever they are calling it is Conventional Weapons. Hopefully is like TBP... or at least better than Danger Days.

Check it out here:

http://www.mychemicalromance.com/news/

It's up for pre-order now...
Last edited by Kyle on Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Spoiler: show
Elevator wrote:But hey, pardon me for trying to be objective here. Maybe I should just say "Fuck Tom, he's dead to me, burn his ashes and piss on his grave for ever existing."

Elevator wrote:Haha yeah, fuck Tom! What a pompous shithead.

Elevator wrote:fuck Tom.

Elevator wrote:Yeah, I hope Tom dies and stuff for breaking up that band I like.

Re: New My Chemical Romance Coming...

I'm fairly interested in this release. I'm not quite sure why, considering I haven't been down with MCR in years, but I have always kind of just respected the style of music they play, and how they continue to evolve and shift as the years pass. I can't say I enjoyed Danger Days, but it was interesting. To hear what types of music they made leading up to the album, that'll be interesting.
I should be playin' in the winter snow,

but I'ma be under the mistletoe

I'm really hoping there is some left over style from TBP in these songs.

Elevator wrote:But hey, pardon me for trying to be objective here. Maybe I should just say "Fuck Tom, he's dead to me, burn his ashes and piss on his grave for ever existing."

Elevator wrote:Yeah, I hope Tom dies and stuff for breaking up that band I like.

I don't know why they have decided to release the songs now after saying they weren't good enough before. Kinda takes the excitement out of the release for me, knowing the band aren't actually super proud of this batch of songs.

The most special kind of love of all is the love that exists between two naked women while I watch. - Mark Hoppus

wink182 wrote:I don't know why they have decided to release the songs now after saying they weren't good enough before. Kinda takes the excitement out of the release for me, knowing the band aren't actually super proud of this batch of songs.

I remember watching a Making of The Black Parade show on FUSE and the guys discussed how difficult it was to make the album. Several of the songs which made the record like Famous Last Words almost got scrapped because of some hangup such as the lyrics not coming together right or the guys not agreeing on how the song should sound. So, given that fact, these songs are probably half-decent. Also, it is possible that some of these scrapped songs didn't fit the theme of the album and thus were perfectly good songs but didn't make sense on The Black Parade.

Matt. wrote:It'd be great if these songs were in the same vein as their cover of Desolation Row. The scrapped album should be from about the same period they made that song for Watchmen.

^ seconded. Here's hoping it's a blend of everything they've done so far, but more eccentric and less synth-leaning.

Also stunned at the Famous Last Words Thing, that's one of my favorite songs of theirs and easily their best video.

twitter

frisky wrote:
wink182 wrote:I don't know why they have decided to release the songs now after saying they weren't good enough before. Kinda takes the excitement out of the release for me, knowing the band aren't actually super proud of this batch of songs.

I remember watching a Making of The Black Parade show on FUSE and the guys discussed how difficult it was to make the album. Several of the songs which made the record like Famous Last Words almost got scrapped because of some hangup such as the lyrics not coming together right or the guys not agreeing on how the song should sound. So, given that fact, these songs are probably half-decent. Also, it is possible that some of these scrapped songs didn't fit the theme of the album and thus were perfectly good songs but didn't make sense on The Black Parade.

Yeh I suppose if the songs didnt fit the theme then there's nothing wrong with them as stand-alone songs. But i thought i remembered them kinda saying theyd written a load of songs and then when they wrote NaNaNa they realised they hadnt been really writing at their best until then, and that was the moment when they began creating music they really loved. Will still listen to the songs though, just a bit sceptical.

The most special kind of love of all is the love that exists between two naked women while I watch. - Mark Hoppus

Tracklist with release dates:

Title: Number One
A-side: Boy Division
B-side: Tomorrow's Money
Release date: October 30, 2012

Title: Number Two
A-side: AMBULANCE
B-side: Gun.
Release date: Black Friday, November 23, 2012

Title: Number Three
A-side: The World Is Ugly
B-side: The Light Behind Your Eyes
Release date: Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Title: Number Four
A-side: Kiss The Ring
B-side: Make Room!!!!
Release date: Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Title: Number Five
A-side: Surrender The Night
B-side: Burn Bright
Release date: Tuesday, February 5, 2013